To Ifficial Blog Of Messian Dread

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A SPIRITUAL LOOK ON REGGAE MUSIC

A SPIRITUAL LOOK ON REGGAE MUSIC



A MEDITATION BY MESSIAN DREAD


WWW, September 2007 - The Rhythm of Reggae is more or less the heartbeat of my soul. I eat, drink and breath Reggae Music while giving thanks and praises to the Creator for JAH Music every time I do so.

Some people think that I'm doing the wrong thing, there. I beg to differ, Sir!


Without any apology, I can say that the Most High Jah used Reggae Music to call me to Him and become His son through the fulfilled Works of Yesus Kristos.

Even though I'm the son of a preacher man, even though my mother separated me for Jah before I was born, even though I grew up in the Pentecostal Church and heard the Bible from a very young age, that is.

The message that I got as a young child, was that there was a "God" and he was called "Jesus Christ". This "God" created a "Judeo-Christian Civilization" and demanded total obedience to that "Civilization": a Church-And-State System that can be traced back to the Tower of Babel somewhere in the Middle East.

It didn't matter whether I was in school or at the church, I would hear the same message. I would be surrounded by the same kind of children, even though they themselves would not think so. And they too would tell me the exact same message.

To me, the message was clear: OBEY and KONFORM to this World System!

OBEY and KONFORM to this World System, even when you are unable to.

OBEY and KONFORM to this World System, even though it is not explained to you why.

OBEY and KONFORM to this World System, even though you know for sure that you are told lies and are being downpressed.

OBEY and KONFORM to this World System, or... face the Consequences!

In my case, I was unable to OBEY and KONFORM, even when I wanted to. I just wasn't born that way, and obviously this had something to do with the fact that my mother separated me for Jah before I was born.

So I had to face the consequences. I was unable to bow down for the God of This World Order that they called Jesus Christ and I would feel it bigtime. In my ignorance I turned to what I thought was the enemy of that god, a guy called Satan.

I was unable to see, that the "Jesus Christ" who is the god of this World Order, isn't the Divine Saviour at all! I was unable to see, that the god of this World Order was really Satan and my rebellion only brought me into a form of slavery that was even worse: demonic possession.

All of this started when I was really young, like 4 years old or even earlier than that. While the demons that possessed me "taught" me their lies and gave me their "gifts", while the System and their workers would traumatize me with a wide variety of methods, I developed a strong hate against what I thought was "God".

I was traumatized so much by the propaganda and abuse, that I couldn't stand the Bible, or even the word "Jesus". I hated the one who was responsible for creating such a system and I thought his name was "Jesus Christ".

Until JAH revealed Himself to me and everything began to make so much sense.

It started, when I heard Reggae Music for the first time. I was about 15, 16 years old and I was visiting a place. Someone played a track called "Five Nights of Bleeding", by UK based DUB Poet Linton Kwesie Johnson.

The deep rhythm of the drum and bass was so familiar to me, it was like a reunion with a long lost friend. It was the heart beat of the heart with which I knew myself to be created.

I didn't understand much of the lyrics, but I knew I found the music that I was created for. Or at least, this was how this seemed and still seems to me. The music was not created for me, but I was created for the music. The music was the same thing that kept me alive, I simply knew that.

Little by little, I began to understand the lyrics of much of the music. Linton Kwesie Johnson himself is an atheist, but there is a lot of Reggae Music that has words about the Creator, and even words from the Creator as many tunes are almost complete Bible Lyrics on a heavy drum and bassline.

I began to hear the call of JAH RASTAFARI. I found out, that JAH RASTAFARI was the CREATOR, and that HE was very much opposed to the World System. In fact, the World System is an opposition to the Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and stimulate exchange of ideas and opinions, but will refuse personal attacks, spam and off-topic material.

Visit The Dubroom!

Our NETLABEL releases music from the Dubroom Studio and that of others and our WEBSTORE has some interesting releases too. We also have tons of REVIEWS on MP3's, VIDEO's, ALBUMS, BOOKS, WEBSITES, and MORE. Especially for the (online) artists, there is an artists-only STUDIO. Additionally, we have several research and information websites on BABYLON, CHRISTIANITY, and RASTAFARI. Also check out our ARTICLES and get in touch with other visitors on our MESSAGE BOARD. Or stay up-to-date by subscribing to one or more of our MAILING LISTS. Find all Dubroom features at our SITE MAP. When something is unclear, you can always check our FAQ or use the search engine to find what you're looking for. And ofcourse, you can allways CONTACT us.