To Ifficial Blog Of Messian Dread

Sunday, October 5, 2008

WHY I BELIEVE IN YESUS KRISTOS

WHY I BELIEVE IN YESUS KRISTOS


Greetings!

I could write a book with the title "Why I Believe In Yesus Kristos". This book would contain my life story, it would contain testimonies of things which happenned in my life, it would also contain some chapters on the logicality of a believe in Yesus Kristos as well. However, a posting is not a book. So let me boil it down to a few thoughts.

What is "believing in Yesus Kristos" or Jesus Christ? Many people think that this would be a believe that there once was a Person trodding the planet Who is called Yahoshuah, Yesus, Jesus. Others would say, they "trust" in Yesus in order to enable Yesus to bring them a life full of happiness and fortune.

But to believe in Him is quite something different.

In short: I believe in Yesus Kristos, because He lived the life that I should have lived, and He died the death that I should have died, so that I can live and will never die as I have allready experienced death in Yesus.

When I look to my life, I see a lot of sins. I know ver well that I will never be able to live up to the standards as layed down in the Old Testament. And even if I could, I know that in the past I have done sins for which I am very much ashamed now. I know, by looking at myself, that I will never be able to live up to the standard that Jah has layed down.

How do I know that I can never live up to it? Not just by reading in the Bible. I know, because I know myself. I know, that I am a sinner. I know, that I can never become as good and perefect as the Creator obviously is, and I know that the Creator -because He is Good- could never have me in His region because I am not good.

A good artist can not listen to bad music. A good God cannot tolerate evil in His presence. Ice does not stay ice when the sun burns. Wicked people will vanish before His eyes.

So then, I know that I want to be with the Creator. For I can see that the creation is good, but it is corrupted. By seeing this, I can easily conclude that this corruption will be ended by the Creator Himself.

When there is a corruption, and where this corruption will obviously be ended, where does that leave me in the scheme of things? Oh, sure, I do good works, and all of that, and some people would even say that I am a good man, but I know myself and I know that I might not be as evil as Hitler but I am not perfect as Yesus either.

Should I then become a believer in "Karma" and all of that, and start to do a good thing for every bad thing I did? I see no logic in that. If we would all be working for a better karma throughout different lifes and so forth, then why does evil only increase? Why isn't the world, after thousands of reincarnations of souls perfecting themselves, a better place?

So then, I must look for salvation. I am obviously in a state wherein I can not get into a peace situation with my Creator. I see this in nature! I can "look within" and all of that, but I will not get anything else but a knowledge that I am a sinner and definitely not perfect. But I know I must be perfect in order to get peace with the perfect Creator!

It is obvious: I have to look to an "out-side" source for Salvation. Not even a creation could save me. Only the Creator Himself can save me. But this Creator is Good and Perfect, as we can see in creation (which is obviously corrupted from a good state).

Let me look to some of these out-side sources:

Mohammed says I have to do this and do that and maybe "Allah" will take me to heaven, when He has a good mood.

Buddah say I only have to know that I am the Buddah myself.

The Pope says I have to believe in Mary for my salvation, for only she will be able to speak to Yesus Kristos.

It doesan't matter which religion I look at, they all claim I have to do one or two things and then I might be saved.

Yesus Kristos is the only one Who claims to be the Creator Himself. Yesus Kristos is the only one Who lived a perfect life. And all He says is: "Believe in Me".

This believe, is that I trust that the works of Yesus Kristos are good and perfect. I trust, that He actually lived the life that I should have lived: that is a life without sin. I trust, that since Yesus died the death I should have died, His fullfilled works are sufficient.

Yesus is my only hope. Yes, all other grounds are sinking sands.

(April 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and stimulate exchange of ideas and opinions, but will refuse personal attacks, spam and off-topic material.

Visit The Dubroom!

Our NETLABEL releases music from the Dubroom Studio and that of others and our WEBSTORE has some interesting releases too. We also have tons of REVIEWS on MP3's, VIDEO's, ALBUMS, BOOKS, WEBSITES, and MORE. Especially for the (online) artists, there is an artists-only STUDIO. Additionally, we have several research and information websites on BABYLON, CHRISTIANITY, and RASTAFARI. Also check out our ARTICLES and get in touch with other visitors on our MESSAGE BOARD. Or stay up-to-date by subscribing to one or more of our MAILING LISTS. Find all Dubroom features at our SITE MAP. When something is unclear, you can always check our FAQ or use the search engine to find what you're looking for. And ofcourse, you can allways CONTACT us.